“To be the lead organization in the advocacy of safety, health, and environmental protection”
What is SOPI
The Safety Organization of the Philippines (SOPI) is a non-profit, non-govermental, national public service organization dedicated to protecting life and promoting health. Members of SOPI include businesses, schools, public agencies, private groups, labor organizations and individuals. Founded in 1959, the primary focus of SOPI is preventing deaths and injuries that occur in workplace, homes, communities and roads.
Why Join SOPI ?
The Safety Organization of the Philippines, Inc. spearheads the national safety movement by way of promoting safety consciousness and accident prevention among our people. Membership in the SOPI helps in attaining its goals and objectives and entitles you to the ff:
1) An accident insurance of P 100,000.00 per annum during the effectivity of membership.
2. Safety appraisal and survey rendered free (max. of two hours) to institutional members.
3. Safety publication for SENIOR, REGULAR, CHAPTER & INSTITUTIONS. The SOPI Newsletter (4 issues / annum), safety bulletins, circulars and memoranda, posters. (4 kinds / annum).
4. 20% discount on SOPI sponsored safety courses / seminars, conducted under the auspices of the SOPI Training Institute.
5. Safety pointers, suggestions or recommendations from SOPI Technical Committee.
6. Safety awards given to individuals and/or companies with outstanding achievements assistance in the promotion of safety movement.
7. Use of available reading materials on safety and their related subject from SOPI Library.
8. Right to vote during SOPI annual election of officers and Board of Directors. (Regular, Senior, Chapters & Institution)
9. Discount on SOPI sponsored convention / symposia.
10. Opportunity to avail from eleven (11) Safety Training offered yearly by Japan Industrial Safety and Health Association (JISHA). Free plane tickets, Board and Lodging (hotel) and other incidental expenses while in Tokyo, Japan.
11. Opportunity to avail of training offered by Asia Pacific Safety and Health Organization (APOSHO). Plane fares shouldered by the participants or their company. Available training are given by SOPI counterpart like Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore.
12. Opportunity to link via email to all APOSHO members, U.S. National Safety Council and others.
13. Access to special programs featuring Safety & Health experts of APOSHO and US NSC.
14. Representing or joining SOPI in attending international and regional conventions, conferences or training’s in APOSHO, US National Safety Council, World Safety Congress, World Safety Organization, National Fire Protection Association, International Association of Fire Chiefs – ASIA, Society of Safety Engineers, Society of Fire Safety Engineers, and others.
15. Joining SOPI Organization (Society of Safety Engineers, Society of Fire Safety Engineers), Chapters and or Divisions. Lecture at the SOPI Institute; write researches and statistics at SOPI Research and Statistics.
16. Opportunity to avail of SOPI certification programs as SOPI Certified Safety Supervisor, SOPI Certified Safety Manager, SOPI Certified Safety Executive, etc.
17. All new members can avail of two (2) hours FREE training on Introduction to Occupational Safety and Health. A card of SOPI Certified Safety & Health Cadet will be issued.
18. Other privileges that the SOPI Board of Directors may authorize or made available from time to time.